1) This Thursday, Dave Attell makes his return to late night TV with Dave’s Old Porn on Showtime this Thursday 11:30PM.
2) Jay Larson’s “Self-Diagnosed” drops Tues. Nov. 1st AND he’ll release a video each day of the week leading up to its release. Basically, it’s going to be pretty sweet and then some for an entire week and then some.
3) Tommy Johnagin will be appearing on Conan (TBS 11PM) and if it’s anything like his set at What’s Up Tiger Lily? last night, it will be amazing.
6) Speaking of comedy reaching rock n’ roll popularity, Portlandia is having a poster giveaway.
7) For those of you that live in this town, but think it’s a chore, LA Weekly gives 50 reasons why LA is amazing.
9) ON THE HORIZON
People Under the Stairs @ Amoeba Thurs. Oct. 20th 6PM FREE
John Hodgman “That Is All” Book Release w/Special Guests @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre Fri. Nov. 4th 8:30PM $35 (stand by only)
The Rudy Casoni Variety Show @ Steve Allen Theater Tues. Nov. 15th 8PM $10
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Smartest Man in the World LIVE w/Greg Proops @ Bar Lubitsch 7PM FREE
Comedy. (Period) @ Harp Inn 8PM FREE
The Rejection Show @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
The Good Luck Show @ Good Luck Bar 8PM FREE
An Evening with Matt Champagne @ ACME Comedy Hollywood 8PM $8
Comedy Bang Bang @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Holy Fuck @ Downtown Independent Theater 9PM FREE
Eddie Izzard @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre MIDNIGHT $30 (stand by only)
11) OPEN MIC RUN
ACME COMEDY HOLLYWOOD 135 N. La Brea Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 5:30PM/Starts 6PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/$4 min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM
MAX STEINER’S 2500 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 9PM/Starts after booked show/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
12) I will be on the radio in Baltimore today, which is why I was so frazzled today and forgot to write something here. Also, I just finished watch Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World for the 2nd time today.