1) OK, SNL… if you’re having Charlie Day host (Nov. 5th), we’ll put aside my apathy to watch. And to answer you’re immediate question about how why that is, we’re a bunch of grumpy old people.
2) This is happening very soon and we’re very excited. (NOTE: we’re referring to the release of Andrés Du Bouchet’s album “Naked Trampoline Hamlet”, not Andrés holding things in his mouth on a routine basis)
3) You know you want a sneak peak of Season 2 of Portlandia…
4) Episode 4 of the Tommy-Wi Show is here and Tommy plays Dead Rising 2. It’s still amazing how he doesn’t know how funny he is.
5) The Ontario Improv is having a talent competition. Yes, it’s called Ontario’s Got Talent, but there’s also a $500 prize to win.
6) If you’re in the income range to afford comedy knick knacks, the first thing you should start off with is Comedy Lightboxes that feature anyone from Paul F. Tompkins to Janeane Garofolo to Marc Maron and now, Brody Stevens.
8) ON THE HORIZON
Lost Moon Radio Presents Roger Wodehouse’s Androgynasium @ Club Fais-Do-Do Sat. Oct. 22 & 29th 9PM $13-$32
9) COMEDY CRAWL
“I’m Going Somewhere With This…” A Storytelling Show @ The Mint 7PM $10
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
I’m Not Myself w/Melissa Villasenor @ Dorie Theater (at The Complex) 8PM $10
The Eric Andre Show @ The Smell 8PM $5
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Top Story Weekly! @ iO West 9PM $5
Powerviolence @ The Complex 9PM FREE
Set List @ Flappers Burbank 9PM $12/2 item min.
Stripped Stories @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
Shitty Jobs @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5 (stand by only)
10) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/lottery
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
PARADISE PERKS 15475 Jeffrey Rd., Irvine, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/only 10 spots available
NERDIST THEATRE 7522 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (back room of Meltdown Comics)/Sign-up 7:15PM/Starts 7:30PM/lottery/30 spots available/no purchase necessary
TSUNAMEDY @ TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/mixed mic
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee available
11) I’ve listened to Feist’s “Undiscovered First” off of Metals probably on repeat over the last week. That has nothing to do with why people asking if I’m OK, right?