1) Megan Amram drops some love on Arianna Huffington.
2) UCB Radio on Sirius XM is OFFICIAL.
3) What’s a “haul video”? Let Maria Bamford show you.
4) Forget sex hotlines. Come back to reality with Regular Guy Chat.
5) On the 355th Day of the Comedy Bureau, we’re going to remind you that we’re hopefully working on getting cake and a designated driver for the 365th.
6) ON THE HORIZON
The Eric Andre Show @ The Smell Sun. Oct. 16th 8PM $5
7) COMEDY CRAWL
It’s A Long Way Down @ Spider Palace 7:30PM FREE
RTDOK & Dangerfield’s 2 Present Heather Thomson @ Dangerfield’s 2 8PM FREE
Left, Right, and Ridiculous @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Steve Rannazzisi @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $20/2 item min.
The Anytime Show @ Underground Annex Theater 8PM $5
Hand Shucked @ Moving Arts Theater 8PM $5
The Paul F. Tompkins Show @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 8:30PM $25 (stand by only)
Hour of Power: Presented by Devestator @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
Hello Giggles Presents: Overshare @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10 (stand by only)
Magic Bag @ Underground Annex Theater 10PM $5
The Saturday! Saturday! Show @ Sidewalk Studio Theatre 10:30PM $5
Jon Huck @ Irvine Improv 11PM $10/2 item min.
The BEATdown: Los Angeles @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5
The Tomorrow Show w/Ron Lynch Presents: Hook-Up! @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
8) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 6PM/first come, first served/5 min. spots/no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
9) The following is a complete transcript of a conversation I had with a pretty girl yesterday. (keep in mind, this girl came to talk to me. Also, special thanks to Rye Silverman)
PG: So you have a site?
Me: Yeah. It’s the Comedy Bureau.
PG: Cool, I’ll look it up.
PG walks away forever.