1) UCB Radio is a real thing streaming on Sirius XM. Hopefully you didn’t drop anything too valuable.
3) Tues. Oct. 25th. Bar Lubitsch. 10PM. The 365th Day of the Comedy Bureau.
5) Following in suit with a Daily Beast article on TV series Whitney giving pretty women the green light to be funny, despite BuzzFeed pointing out vicious tweets from female comedians about the show, Fox News furthers the discussion by pointing out that women might have a hard time making it in comedy if they’re not hot. While, all of that’s incredibly depressing to read, at least it’s not as cringe-inducing as Tim Allen’s new show.
6) Greg Proops and his podcast Smartest Man in the World now has a smartphone app.
7) Splitsider chats with Joe Mande, comedian and “celebrity sniper”.
8) ON THE HORIZON
The Comedy Garage @ UCB Theatre Mon. Oct. 24th 11PM $5
Sappity Tappity Special Halloween Extravaganza @ UCB Theatre Mon. Oct. 31st 11PM $5
Talkin’ Shit LIVE @ WitZend Mon. Nov. 7th 7PM $10
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Infinite Jest @ Villany Prdt 8PM FREE
Don’t Tell My Mother @ Bang Theater 8PM $12
Two Thumbs Way Down @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
The Miracle Violence Show/Brian Finkelstein: Three Strikes @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5 (stand by only)
Subversive Comedy w/Jimmy Dore @ Flappers Burbank 8PM $12/2 item min.
Merrill Davis & Friends @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
The Comedy Palace @ The Palace Restaurant 9:30PM FREE
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/$4 minimum/first come, first served
COFEE BEAN 16101 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA, Suite 180/Starts 7PM/mixed mic/no purchase necessary
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 9PM/Starts after booked show/first come, first served/only 15 spots available/no purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
11) Just in case there was any confusion, I am throwing a party for us.