1) Weird Al Yankovic’s Alpocalypse Tour premieres tonight on Comedy Central 9PM.
2) Patton Oswalt is moderating screenings at the New Beverly…
3) Why you should be “tuning” into the Matt Goldich Twitter Talk Show…
5) Though it’s poorly titled and Comics Unleashed is the stock inside joke of most working comedians, Who Wants to Date a Comedian? did make me laugh a bit. Also, Marianne Sierk and Tom Clark being in the first few episodes helps.
8) ON THE HORIZON
An Evening with Brendon Burns @ Nerdist Theater Sun. Oct. 9th 8PM $8 in adv./$10 at door
The Rejection Show @ Nerdist Theater Tues. Oct. 18th 8PM $8 in adv./$10 at door
Lost & Found: Jerry Brandt DVD Taping @ Art Theatre Thurs. Oct. 20th 9PM $10
Comedy Noir @ Beyond Baroque Sat. Nov. 12th 9PM $10
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Ogre Mage CD Release Party @ Silverlake Lounge 6PM FREE
Harland Williams @ Brea Improv 7PM/9PM $22/2 item min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
The Anytime Show @ Underground Annex Theater 8PM $5
Two Headed Beast: A Storytelling Show @ Stories, Books, & Cafe 8PM FREE
What Do You Know? LIVE @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
Magic Bag @ Underground Annex Theater 10PM $5
Creepshow @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $10/$5 w/online promo code ‘stalker’
The Midnight Show w/Brendon Small @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5
The Tomorrow Show Presents THE TIME MACHINE SHOW @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts after booked show/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
11) Note taken; it’s too soon to make fun of Journey. Well, I don’t fucking care.