Punderdome (in NYC)
October 5 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm$12 – $15
The PUNDERDOME® – NYC’s Comedy Pun Compuntition is back! Founded by a Rodney Dangerfield impersonator and his alleged daughter (Fred and comedian Jo Firestone), the Punderdome® was a fixture on New York’s comedy landscape from May 2011 to March 2020 when the pandemic forced the transition from stage to virtual. Tonight we return LIVE and the alleged dad will be hosting!
Starts 8PM ET
Show will feature our Main Event – the All-Star Tournament of Pun Champions, where punsters deliver two-minute pun-stand-up routines, after only two minutes of preparation! PUNDERDOME® Champs Lingo Star (37 Winners’ Circles), Homestar Punner (36), Daft Pun (19), Words Nightmare (6), Lexy Kahn (4), and Hot Cross Puns (3) and others will pun it out for ’Dome bragging rights and “As Seen on TV”-type prizes! And, that’s not all…
- The show will kick off with the ’Dome PUN Battle Royale where six punners enter and one remains.
- We’ll play “Can You Beat a ’Dome Champ?” where a Challenger takes on a Punderdome Champ of their choosing in a one-on-one pun-off. The Challenger gets 20 minutes prep time and the Champ gets NO time.
- There will be PPPPs (Previously Prepared Punderdome Parodies and Puntifications).
- Six individuals who sign-up at the bar (doors open at 7:00) will have a chance to punticipate. Preference given to first-time compunitors who have previously attended a ‘Dome and seasoned winners.
- Pun-masters will be determined by the “Human Clap-O-Meter” who “accurately and scientifically” assesses levels of audience applause. (Warning for the faint of heart: the ’Dome is THE spectator sport; it gets loud – decide to attend at your own risk! Hearing protection gear recommended!)
littlefield is now an all-vaccinated event space. Please note that all patrons attending in-person shows must show proof of vaccination. Seating for this show is on a first come, first served basis. More info can be found on littlefield’s homepage.