Also, don’t forget about THE MELTDOWN tonight. We have the BUTTERMILK truck!
as well as a stellar line up:
and JEFF KLINGER
poster as always by DAVE KLOC, he’ll be selling them. They are limited edition. if that means anything to you, you stinky collector.
Morning Debriefing 10/28/10
1) Despite showing up late, Beer in the Shower @ White Horse Inn Cocktail Lounge, catching Nick Vatterott and Jerry Rocha w/host Paul Danke was THE WAY to close out a Wednesday night especially if someone said about everything you’ve written a few hours earlier, “I don’t understand any of your fuckin’ shit, man. What the hell is going on your head? I can tell you don’t sleep. You should sleep and stop writing.” If only I skipped my screenwriter’s group, I would have caught the hilarity of Shawn Pearlman, Eddie Pepitone, and Fortune Feimster. Catch Beer in the Shower every Wednesday, 10PM @ White Horse.
2) Just because its miles outside of LA proper, doesn’t mean that there’s nothing funny about Long Beach. Comedians Chris Adams and Jerry Brandt prove that in spades and THEN SOME with their weekly podcast Drinking Buddies. This week, longtime LA comedy vet Don Barris and the hilarious Tim Babb talk everything from comedy to Disneyland to rape and, of course, drinking. See how everything connects here.
3) “Jesse Miller. Straight up.” –Andre Hyland. Every few weeks at the AMAZING Anna Lee Lawson Comedy Hour @ The Next Stage Theatre, Andre Hyland transforms into Jesse Miller and takes over with the Jesse Miller Talk Show (next one’s in November). Check out Jesse on a Trikke. Again, it’s straight up.
4) From the World Famous Comedy Garage, quintessential hipster LA comedian Paul Danke gives you some advice on Halloween costumes so you don’t look totally lame, unless you’re being ironic, well, then, you know what I mean…. Check it on Funny or Die here.
5) There will be a brand new open mic in town at Señor Fish in Little Tokyo starting Nov. 9th. Happy hour w/$3 beers & $2 fish tacos and more details coming soon.
THE COMEDY BUREAU
Morning Debriefing 10/27/10
1) Last night, Sweet and Sour Comedy @ Genghis Cohen proved why you shouldn’t miss ANY of the three remaining shows produced/hosted/rocked by Abbey Londer, her theatre degree, and her “poor decision making skills” most recently on display on a trip to NYC. Seeing Jackie Kashian, Andy Peters, Dave Ross, and Nick Vatterott performing together at a Chinese restaurant was exactly what I needed after getting a parking ticket at 1AM the early morning previous. Next show on Nov. 9th/7:30PM/$5/free for comics/with Adam Hunter/3rd to last ‘Sweet & Sour Comedy’ ever. Basically, don’t miss it unless you really hate being happy.
2) The nebulous, disparate nature of Los Angeles makes performing/writing about LA Comedy extremely hard (that’s NOT what she said/followed by the sound of someone playing Russian Roulette). Fellow Long Beach comedian Shayne Michael takes on the task by giving a plethora of comedic insights and resources that are absolutely invaluable. Please check out shayne-michael.com.
3) If your dream was to do a “comedy crawl” of seeing great shows on Wednesday October 27th, 2010, you can. Though, it won’t be so much of a crawl with all the driving you’ll have to do. You can start off w/ “Barry Rothbart’s Evening of Evening Comedy”, 6:30PM @ UCB Theatre, then go to “The Meltdown”, 8:30PM @ Meltdown Comics, then go to “The Ed Ghoulvez Haunted Punk House”, 9PM @ The Westside Comedy Theater, then go to “Beer in the Shower”, 10PM @ White Horse Inn Cocktail Lounge, and finish it off with “The Anna Lee Lawson Comedy Hour”, 11PM @ The Next Stage Theatre. You’re welcome.
5) As of late, many comedians have been getting horribly inconsequential citations from LA Parking Enforcement or the LAPD. Petition for Late Night Performers Parking Permit anyone?
THE COMEDY BUREAU