Morning Debriefing 1/18/11
1) Some big changes are coming to the Comedy Bureau to streamline it even further for even more “to-the-point” consumption of the best in LA comedy. Stay tuned (even within this post).
2) #serialkillerpickuplines is one of the best joke hashtags that I’ve seen since I’ve been on Twitter. Check it out for a good dark laugh. @pauljaycomic and The Comedy Bureau’s very own @kabelion have some damn good ones.
3) National Comedy College Competition is now open for submissions. If you’re in a participating school and damn funny, you should do this.
7) OPEN MIC RUN:
THE PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 4:30PM/Starts 5PM
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE TOKYO @ SEÑOR FISH 422 E. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM
WESTWOOD BREWCO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7:30PM/Starts 8PM
COFFEE GALLERY 2029 Lake Ave., Altadena, CA/Starts 8PM
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed
*Starting tomorrow on the “OPEN MIC RUN” will be listed as a route of suggested open mic daily on the Greater LA Open Mic Map.
8) The Comedy Bureau “Tips Its Hat” today to… actually, I’m going to scale the “Tip of the Hat to weekly event that will be revealed on Fridays. For those fans of the "Tip of the Hat”, I’m sorry that you won’t see it everyday, but there will be a more extensive write-up of the comedic performer that the Comedy Bureau chooses to feature.
9) From the “You Should Have Been There” Lagoon: is going to be renamed to reflect something more current and topical as what will be posted here will be comedy that is both relevant to right now and somehow happened years ago. Ex. Starbucks came out with the new Trenta size and (even though I’ve already posted it) Lewis Black bit about Starbucks and the End of the Universe will be posted.
10) More big changes coming to the Comedy Bureau to make it better for all of you graciously and thankfully read as well as myself who makes the Comedy Bureau almost a part time job except for the getting paid part.
THE COMEDY BUREAU