Morning Debriefing 2/16/11
1) Just a reminder: American: The Bill Hicks Story will debut in LA at the Laemmle Sunset 5 in Hollywood on April 15th. Please check back at the Comedy Bureau for more details on this as the date approaches.
3) If nothing else, the name, Comedy is Dead, should be a huge selling point, especially when it takes place within a real cemetery and Neil Hamburger is on the line-up. Mar. 3rd. Hollywood Forever Cemetery 8PM $15. RSVP at email@example.com
4) Whatever your opinion of Marty’s/The Open Mic, the open mic where you pay $5 to do multiple sets in front of nothing but comics 7 nights a week, 6 hours at a time, it was their one year anniversary yesterday. Considering that pure comedy open mics have been quite the high turnover rate lately, the Comedy Bureau extends a congratulations to Marty’s for making it a year.
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL-Forget about the “hump” in hump day.
Web Series Unplugged @ El Cid 7PM $8
Just for Laughs Showcase @ Hollywood Improv Lab 7:30PM FREE
Getaloada Comedy @ Foundation Room-House of Blues 8PM FREE
An Anti Valentine Comedy Show and AA Meeting @ Harlem Place Cafe 8PM FREE
Fix-Up Show w/J. Keith Van Straaten and Special Guest Henry Winkler @ ACME Comedy Theatre 8PM $15
Smartest Man in the World LIVE @ Comedy Central Stages 6539 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 8PM FREE Call (323) 960-5519
Meltdown @ Meltdown Comics 8:30PM $8
The Ed Galvez Punk House @ Westside Comedy Theatre 9PM $8
Beer in the Shower @ Whitehorse Cocktail Lounge Inn 9:30PM FREE
Just for Laughs Showcase @ Laugh Factory 10PM $20/$30 VIP/2 item min.
Anna Lee Lawson Comedy Hour @ Next Stage Theatre 11PM $5
6) OPEN MIC RUN
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM
CAFE MUSE 6547 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 8PM
LIBRARY A COFFEEHOUSE 3418 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
7) Recently: We’re in the thick of awards season. To show you how much I care, I’m posting this clip of Jerrod Carmichael doing absolutely no material on awards, but is hilarious.
8) Stickers saying, “The Comedy Bureau Approves” or something along those lines, thoughts? OK, I get it. I’ll stop.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau