Craig Ferguson Dons His Most Casual Look for New Special “Tickle Fight”
Former Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson has spent a good deal of his career on a television in a finely tailored suit.
Now, since it has been years since he left that gig, Craig can really ease into a look all his own with an unbuttoned short sleeve shirt and Chuck Taylors for his new hour special coming to Netflix, Tickle Fight. Also, you can see that he’s quite a fan of tattoos as well, which might leave you wondering what sort of guy used to host The Late Late Show (for our money he was one of the best interviewers in late night)
See for yourself in this trailer.
Tickle Fight begins streaming on Tuesday, December 5th on Netflix.
Jerrod Carmichael’s Latest Special “8″ Now Available on Google Play (and We’re Giving Away a Copy)
Earlier this year, Jerrod Carmichael’s 2nd HBO stand-up special, 8, premiered and offered up the unique hour that we always knew Jerrod was capable of.
Bo Burnham also brings a great look and rhythm (there are a lots of great dramatic pauses) as he joined on as the director for 8.
If you don’t have HBO in any way, shape, or form, you can now download a copy from Google Play to enjoy 8.
In fact, we’ve got a digital copy to give away to our loyal readers. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to enter to win.
Watch Trailer for Michael Che’s Netflix Special Michael Che Matters
Going into Thanksgiving is going to be dicey this year. We’d say skip if you can.
Whether that’s possible or not, at least you’ll have a Michael Che stand-up special to look forward to.
Here’s the trailer for Michael Che Matters. It starts streaming on Netflix on November 25th.
Kyle Kinane: Loose in Chicago Premieres Tonight
Midnight on Comedy Central.
The latest hour of stand-up to come from the one of the best comedians of our time, Kyle Kinane, is having its world premiere tonight. So, wherever you are, we’d hope that you tune in because Kinane’s stand-up is probably better than whatever else you have going on.
Nikki Glaser Explains How Little We Care About Maiden Names in Her New Hour Special
One of the sticking points of marriage that probably doesn’t get brought up enough is the one of a wife automatically taking her husband’s last name, leaving her last name out in the cold.
Oh yeah, you should definitely watch Perfect when it premieres on Saturday, April 9 at 11PM on Comedy Central. It’s damn good.
Comedy Central Announces Their Slate of Hour Specials All Coming in April
Nikki Glaser: Perfect premieres April 9th
Daniel Tosh: People Pleaser premieres April 17th
Amy Schumer Presents Rachel Feinstein: Only Whores Wear Purple premieres April 23th
Chris Hardwick: Funcomfortable premieres April 30th
You’ll be able to stream it on Comedy Central app and cc.com the next day after they air and an uncut, extended version will be available the following Tuesday across several digital platforms.
Morning Debriefing 3/9/11
1) Norm MacDonald’s new hour long Comedy Central Special has moved from this weekend to Saturday March 26th at 11:30PM. This should make up for Charlie Sheen stealing Norm’s Twitter thunder.
3) The Nerdist Theater at Meltdown Comics… WHAT?!? Follow @nerdmelt down the comedy nerd rabbit hole to see some of the best comedy shows in LA.
4) Comedian Jesse Case explores the future of indie/alt comedy via what happened indie/alt music. READ IT. IT’S GOOD FOR YOU. [via Antithesis Comedy]
5) So all this Doug Stanhope buzz has recently come about because he’s releasing a new album called Oslo: Burning Bridges to Nowhere. Of course, this veritable wave of Stanhope is really all out-of-nowhere as it happened in Oslo and not anywhere near here, but hopefully the album’s release and distribution will change that.
6) Can’t get enough Action Figure Therapy? Why not get a shirt to show your pride in watching the youtube series sensation? That’s a thing that people do, right?
7) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL
“If This Doesn’t Work Out, I’m Moving Home” A Variety Hour @ Harlem Place Cafe 8PM FREE
The Adam Carolla Show w/Bobcat Goldthwait @ The Jon Lovitz Comedy Club 8PM $25/2 drink min.
Thai Rivera @ Irvine Improv 8PM $15/2 item min.
The Fix Up Show w/ J. Keith Van Straaten and special guest Scott Thompson @ ACME Comedy Theatre 8PM $12
Jim Bruce’s Mustache @ The Gardenia 8:30PM $5
Meltdown @ Meltdown Comics 8:30PM $8
The Ed Galvez Punk House @ Westside Comedy Theatre 9PM $8
Beer in the Shower @ Whitehorse Cocktail Lounge Inn 9:30PM FREE
The Mostly Normal Show @ Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
The Jesse Miller Talk Show @ Next Stage Theatre 11PM $5
8) OPEN MIC RUN
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM
CAFE MUSE 6547 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 8PM
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
9) The Battle of 1739 (Public House), a tale of comedy victory on Mar. 7th, 2011 at Keep It Clean Comedy will be posted later today.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau