Here’s the Live Read of Space Jam with Blake Griffin as MJ and Seth Green as a Thug Bugs Bunny
Seth Green plays an alternative Bugs Bunny, Nick Kroll plays Daffy Duck, Blake Griffin plays Michael Jordan, Paul Scheer plays Wayne Knight’s role, Ralph Garman does Porky Pig and more, and DeAndre Jordan nails playing Charles Barkley.
Morning Debriefing 2/20/11
1) Though he has a penchant for provoking, it’s still amazing that Neil Hamburger (@Neil_Hamburger) proves that you can get heckled on Twitter and that, sometimes, the best way to deal with them is to let the heckler put their own foot in their own damn mouth. After a few tweets along the lines of: “I apologize to @BritneySpears and her fans. Feeling guilty after meeting her kids in line at local free clinic. #MentalIllness #Malnutrition,” Neil Hamburger’s Twitter feed filled with some, perhaps, ill-conceived “heckles” tweeted at him that he thankfully retweeted and are, now, featured here.
“Stop running your mouth you fucking ugly loser. You’re irrelavent. Don’t take it out on Brit, bitch!”
“wow @Neil_Hamburger….i never thought someone could be as ignorant and unsophisticated as you are. karma is a bitch…be ready for it.”
“FEMME FATALE will come for your ass you sad failed comedian. NOBODY knows who you are. LMAO”
“Sorry. mean people like @Neil_Hamburger aren’t amazing. Open ur eyes people. People like him is the reason why there’s so much hate…”
“Using Britney, her mental illness, and her kids for publicity, are we? Hope it makes you sleep better at night, sir.”
“America’s #1 Funnyman? HAHAHA You gotta be kidding. You’re such a nobody, look in the mirror… You fucking failed abortion.”
“You’re such a fail. Trying to become famous making fun of people who will always be more succesfull than you’ll ever be”
“Haha, dumb fuck. You’ll never be as succesful as Britney. Go DIE ignorant, motherfucker. FAILED COMEDIAN.”
“HEY!! BACK OFF BRITNEY SPEARS!!! BRITNEY IS THE QUEEN!! YOU ARE AN IGNORANT PERSON!!! I AM A BRITNEY & MJ FAN!!!”
“your second name is so unfortunate Lol, get ran over by a bus plz.”
“You can only wish your career is as successful as Britney’s.”
“could you please stop retweeting people who are sarcastically responding to you? it’s really annoying”
2) Josh Rencher’s Frolic is back from yet another hiatus, which I guess would make it Frolic 3.0? Mar. 2nd. 9PM FREE at Far Bar in Little Tokyo. What’s Frolic? Well, I wrote about it right here. Check back at the Comedy Bureau next week for more details.
3) The birth of a new open mic that could possibly fill in a void that the comedy community has been somewhat feeling on Mondays: Jake’s 38 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA. Sign-up (lottery) 7:30PM/Starts 8PM. First 15 spots are 5 min. paired with 3 min. work-ins throughout the show. Hosted by the gracious Steve Hernandez.
4) Again, in case you don’t like scrolling down, Tip of the Hat 2/19: Lauri Roggenkamp
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL-even if it isn’t a 3 day weekend….
Jeff Garlin’s Combo Platter @ UCB Theatre 6PM $2 (stand by only)
Comedy Without a Cause @ Boardner’s 7PM FREE
Sunday Funnies @ Zoey’s (in Ventura) 7PM $5
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
Comedy Barre @ Barre Vermont 8PM FREE/2 drink min.
An Evening with Ted Leo @ Center for the Arts Eagle Rock 8PM $10
Big Ten Comedy All Stars @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $14/2 item min.
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Powerviolence Comedy Night @ 6470 Santa Monica Blvd. in Hollywood 8:30PM FREE
Top Story Weekly @ iO West 9PM $5
Matt Mira & Thomas Lennon Present ONESTAR @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Race Riot @ Hollywood Improv 10PM $14/2 item min.
6) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 6PM/one item min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed
7) Recently: Blake Griffin dunked over a car in his victory at the NBA Dunk Contest last night, but can he spin a cheeseburger on an umbrella like Michael Rayner (and also be funny while doing it?) Didn’t think so.
8) I went though nearly an hour of straight bombing yesterday just to have a good 7 min. set. In that time, I yelled at myself in my car while stuck in traffic, questioned myself in my intentions as a comedian, and depressed the few people that bothered to listen to me and not the person dancing outside in the rain. Sometimes, that’s what you need to do to prepare for a show.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau