Morning Debriefing 7/28/11
1) TONIGHT: Catch the awesome Jarrod Harris make his late night TV debut on Lopez Tonight (TBS MIDNIGHT) and right before that Louis C.K. on The Late Show with Letterman (CBS 11:35PM) and even right before that, you can catch an episode of Louie (FX 10:30PM) and in between that catch The Green Room with Paul Provenza (Showtime 11PM) and guests Doug Stanhope, Dave Attell, and more!
2) Speaking of Stanhope and Attell, watch them interview each other after the taping of their episode of the Green Room.
3) There’s even newer faces at Just for Laughs Montreal (that don’t have representation)… Congratulations to another one of our favorite performers, Lauri Roggenkamp on getting on this list.
6) Drew Droege’s Chloe Sevigny has become so interesting after performing at show and hosting parties around LA that she was written about in a blog all the way from Australia.
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Danny Mahoney’s Terrific Party Demo @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5
6 Degrees @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
1642 Comedy Social Club @ 1642 Beer & Wine 8:30PM FREE
Hamclown @ The Mezz (2nd Floor of Alexandria Hotel) 8:30PM FREE
The Josh & Josh Show: Joshfest ‘11 @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
One Last Try for Comedy (Show) @ Fake Gallery 8:30PM FREE
Comedy Palace @ The Palace Restaurant 8:30PM FREE
Gelmania @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
The Hilarium Birthday Show @ Hollywood Improv 10PM $14/2 item min.
Rest in Peace @ Hollywood Hotel 10PM FREE
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/$4 minimum/first come, first served
COFEE BEAN 16101 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA, Suite 180/Starts 7PM/mixed mic/no purchase necessary
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
11) Yeah, we’re not in Montreal. Sorry about that.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau